Friday, April 9, 2010

Screw You!

Yep, screw you ED. You have pretty much been dominating my life for the past few years now, telling me not to eat too much, telling me that "this" or "that" has to many calories and isn't healthy, telling me to go and exercise because I've had to many calories, telling me to stay underweight just to fit in a size 0...you've pretty much been filling my head with a lot of stupid nonsense that has just been making me even more sick with my gut.

I've really just had enough with you and although you'll continue to make unwanted remarks, I've decided to just totally ignore you.
I want to be at a healthy weight, with a healthy BMI. I want my period back!

So far it has been day 2 where I have totally ignored you! Yesterday and today I've listened to ME and have eaten what I want to eat. Although you're still bugging me to count my calories, I've been challenging you by increasing them significantly. Although you get mad for how many I've consumed, I just tell you to shut up and I reassure myself that my body needs the extra fuel.

You were so mad yesterday when I had two slices of toast for breakfast instead of one...plus granola in my applesauce....but did I care? Nope! I was satisfied and not sleepy in my 8:30am class. You were mad at me when I decided to have a bowl of cereal for my snack between lunch and dinner instead of a measly little apple with cinnamon, but did I care? Nope! I was hungry and I wanted to have energy before I hit the gym. You pushed me to work out when really I was actually pretty tired. When I decided to only workout for 30 min, you got mad, telling me I should've burnt off the extra calories I ate for breakfast and snack...but did I care? Haha, no!! I was ready to go back home and make another meal!

I'm a nice person, don't get me wrong. I never want to disappoint anyone, I'm always the 'sweet, kind and caring' person...but not around you buddy. I don't care how mean I am to you and how much I disappoint you!

So screw you ED, I have no more patience for you in my life!

3 comments:

  1. Meg, I just discovered your blog, and this post spoke to me.

    Your life is your own, and you are standing up for yourself. This takes strength, this takes courage.
    You are strong, Meg, and I am so proud of you.

    Keep fighting, keep listening to YOU and ignoring ED. There is no place in your life for ED.
    Be sweet, kind and caring to yourself.

    Love,
    Eleanor.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "piss off ED" attitude, Meg :) This is exactly how I feel in my recovery. I realized that my ED was way too high maintenance and I got tired of giving in to it's every whim and desire.

    Keep pissing him off. The more he complains, the better you know you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love pissing him off!! he doesn't deserve me!

    ReplyDelete